Bellingham, WA Lakeway Mobile Estates
Lakeway Mobile Estates is a 55+ community located in Bellingham, WA that is managed by Inspire Communities. The community has 218 homes and is located one mile from the ocean and 20 miles from the mountains and Canadian border.
Lakeway contacted Submeter Solutions late in 2016 requesting a proposal for a water submetering system that would allow the property to directly bill residents for water and sewer based on their actual water usage. They also requested a system that would provide leak alerts for management. In addition to the metering equipment, Submeter Solutions also coordinated with a local plumbing contractor to install the meters under homes. It was important to Lakeway that the meter reading system would interface with their Manage America property management software.
Scope of Project
- Submeter Solutions provided Lakeway with ¾” Master Meter Flexible Axis Meter (FAM) water meters that they custom equipped with a foam insulation kit.
- Submeter Solutions selected a Cereniti high power wireless remote meter reading system. The system consists of a battery-powered (10 year) transmitter under the home and a gateway with cellular upload installed in the office.
- Local Plumber installed meters under homes on the existing water lines.
- Submeter Solutions commissioned the system and provided training on system reports.
- Lakeway’s manager Patty Dombo worked closely with Submeter Solutions and the Plumber as meters were installed at each unit.
- Equipment Supplied July 2019
- Installation and Commissioning Completed September 2019
Submeter Solutions has provided metering systems at a total of four PCC stores. Customer requested electric meters that can monitor and record hourly usage and hourly reads for gas and water meters. Submeter Solutions provided a metering solution that combined feature rich Dent Powerscout electric meters, water and gas meters sized uniquely for each meter point and an Obvius AcquiSuite data logger to collect data and upload to a web server. Water and gas meters were monitored wirelessly with a compatible NoWire wireless reading system. The customer is able to view and monitor different department utility usage to better manage store resources.