Brooklyn, NY Greene Ave
Greene Avenue Condos located in Brooklyn, NY uses one main utility natural gas meter to supply the utilities to the building. The customer wanted to bill back the gas utility costs to each tenant based on how much they individually consume. The request was for a remotely accessible, wireless sub-metering system to meter the natural gas usage for each condo unit.
Scope of Project
- Norgas 24V Runtime Sensors
- Inovonics TapWatch Wireless Reading System
- Onsite Consultation, Installation, Commissioning Services, and Meter Installation Training
- Monthly Tenant Billing Services
- Equipment Supplied June 2013
- Installation and Commissioning Completed September 2013
This retrofit condo in Brooklyn had existing gas powered heaters in each unit. Submeter Solutions provided a solution to calculate gas usage for each resident by installing a Run Time module at each heating unit and monitoring the “on time” to calculate gas consumption. Submeter Solutions has been providing monthly utility billing services for this property since 2014.