Available Positions Business Development Representative
Who We Are:
Submeter Solutions is a small, profitable, and growing company in Renton, Washington that brings together real estate owners, managers and tenants from all over the US by providing and automating utility billing services to both commercial and residential properties. We help our clients by providing the submetering equipment required to fit the unique needs of their property. Our wide range of utility billing services are tailored to each property’s unique requirements based on our industry knowledge and technical expertise. Our clients are our highest priority and our team members go above and beyond to create top notch support. Come join our team where you can make an impact today!
What You Will Be Doing:
As our Business Development Representative, you will work as an ambassador for our company. You are responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with customers. You will learn about our services and products so you can effectively present them to others – both our suite of Utility Billing Services and our submetering systems. You must build trust and provide support for prospects, ensuring they lead to potential future sales.
- Identify, investigate, research and target prospects within property management and other multi-unit industry groups
- Regularly travel to meet prospects and customers
- Conduct cold calls and face-to-face meetings with customers
- Build and maintain relationships with new and repeat customers
- Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts using our CRM Software
- Educate customers on how products or services can benefit them
- Sell the company’s products or services to customers
- Conduct research and data collection to understand a customer’s specific needs
- Gather facts from on-site visits to assess existing equipment and processes, understand problems, and create solutions for the customer
- Provide support to Sales Manager to help with calls, inquiries and proposals
- Manage deadlines and communicate consistently with team members and customers in a clear and concise manner
- Organize and present data to team members and potential customers
What We Are Looking For:
Having a well-developed phone presence and high comfort level in initiating conversations is essential to fulfilling the daily duties. Aside from a social and positive personality, you must be a self-starter and proactive problem solver. We are looking for:
- Property Management experience
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time – typically locally
- Some experience in utility billing or submetering a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter who is willing to work independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Must be self-motivated
- Experience with CRM software a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
This is a full time position at our Renton office with opportunities to work from home available. Starting salary of $60K. Our benefits include: Comprehensive health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and 401K with matching.
To be considered for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to HR@submetersolutions.com.