When it comes to electricity usage within multi-tenant properties, the common practice is to divide the overall monthly cost equally between each tenant. The problem is that the massive differences in electricity usage from tenant to tenant are not considered – which means that those who use electricity sparingly are being charged a lot more than their fair share, whereas others who neglect to pay any attention to conserving energy are not motivated to change their ways for the good of the environment.
Luckily, there is a solution for this problem: electricity submetering! With the help of electricity submetering systems, property owners and managers can now charge tenants from multi-tenant properties for their individual electricity usage, as opposed to splitting the cost evenly.
But how does it all work? The good news is that starting an electricity submetering project is quite straightforward. All you need is a system that includes the appropriate electricity meters for your application, as well as a wired or wireless Automated Meter Reading system that fits in with the unique needs of your property and those who occupy it. Click here to learn more.
Needless to say, there are many benefits to electricity submetering. Along with happier tenants, those who have been abusing electricity will now have a reason to change their ways! Property owners and managers will be able to provide comprehensive monthly data to all tenants, detailing just how much electricity was utilized and when. This is likely to lead to tenants using electricity more sparingly to save money, which reduces electricity costs and, in turn, increases property values. To learn more about the benefits associated with submetering, click here.
Another advantage is the fact that electricity submetering can be implemented when it comes to many different multi-unit applications, including:
- Manufactured housing
- Commercial properties
- Retail properties
How can Submeter Solutions help you?
The Submeter Solutions team is here to provide you with expert assistance in terms of choosing the right electric meters for your unique submetering projects. With many years of experience, we go the extra mile to ensure that you find the solutions you’re looking for at the best possible prices. Our electric meters promise quality, longevity, and excellent value for the money.
We also offer our customers an added extra: once your new electric meters and AMR system have been successfully installed, Submeter Solutions can provide monthly utility billing services for your property. We will:
- Monitor your meter consumption;
- Calculate individual bills and prepare them for each tenant;
- We will mail or email them at a specific time each month;
- We will provide you with summary reports.
Electric Meter Details
Whether your project is new construction or retrofit, Marina or Manufacturing Housing Community, small Triplex or Highrise, Submeter Solutions will partner with you to ensure that the installation of your new metering system is performed properly. Meters should be installed by a qualified and licensed plumbing or electrical contractor. We’ll work with your contractor or suggest one to use. Typically, wireless remote reading systems will be installed by our trained and certified technicians at the property.
- Solid state, current transformer rated electric meters allow simple installation without major changes to electrical service;
- All meters are manufactured to utility grade standards and accuracy requirements;
- Single phase and 3 phase meters;
- 3 phase meters for 208V or high voltage 480V;
- 3 phase meters for wye or delta wiring configurations;
- Current Transformers (CT’s) with Solid Core, Split Core or Rogowski Coil designs;
- Meter output options that include pulse, RS232/RS485 Modbus, Ethernet;
- Individual electric meters with enclosures or Multiple Meter Unit (MMU) meter panels customized for your application;
- kWh only consumption meters for utility cost recovery;
- Smart electric meters for energy management that provide various measurements:
Need a little help?
Give us your requirements and we will recommend the best meter for your application. Each meter listed on our web store will link to an individual page for that model with pictures, descriptions, specifications, and price. So, you can find an electric meter that fits in with your unique submetering project, whatever your requirements may be. You can order our products online or call our office if you have any questions about finding the “best fit” meter for your submetering project. Contact us here.